Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Loving These Crazy Times

The world's going to shit, but I'm having a swell time nonetheless. HoCo is amazing, my friends are great (my roommate since freshman year just turned 21!), and, some really good news: I PASSED the FSOT...YAY! Now I have 3 weeks to write a "personal narratives" which is basically 5 3000 character essays about how awesome I am and includes people to vouch my awesomeness. After that, they check to see if I lied/realize how I awesome I really am and then (hopefully), I get an invitation to take the Oral Assessment, which is an intense day-long interview. And on top of it all, I have classes with tons of reading and papers and midterms until Spring Break, along with a major HoCo commitment (Freshman Housing Lottery Day, woo!). Craziness. But I really am loving it!

2 comments:

Brian said...

I love crazy times sometimes too. This thesis is killing me, but at the same time, I like being busy doing what I love to do - to learn what I want to, to spend time with the people I want to, to relax in the ways I want to - sometimes, I do realize how privileged I am to be able to do this!

Brian said...

Oh, and of course, CONGRATULATIONS. Can't wait until you're some important ambassador, maybe even Secretary of State? ;)