Wednesday, February 25, 2009

How Do You Cope...

with procrastination? With the stresses of everyday life? Me, I seem to not cope, or at least, not cope well. Instead, I hide under my bedcovers, cowering from the mountain of homework, commitments, and responsibilities. I waste away days sleeping, seeking escape in a dream-world where there are no papers due tomorrow, no life decisions to be made. Once again, as with the semester before I left, I find myself shirking my duties as a student, as a son, and as a friend. I check the most meager item off my to-do list and call it a productive day, ignoring the upcoming barrage of deadlines and due dates. I know I'm not alone in these feelings, as today's Crimson feature of Harvard's Mental Health Awareness Week showed. I know there are places and people I can turn to to get help. The problem is that I utilized these resources before, shouldn't that mean I don't have to again? Shouldn't I have learned something, grown, matured, and now be able to deal with the repeated circumstance on my own? Or will this pride, fear, and doubt lead to another failed semester?

No comments: